Friday 10 January 2014

Skype & Pizza

Hello!

I actually left the house again today! That's twice in one week, wow!

I woke up quite late, and I'd only been awake for about 15 minutes when the postman came with my parcel from DFTBA.com which I'd been waiting for since the end of November (Disclaimer to them: A) The hoodie I ordered was like some kind of pre-order or something and I knew when ordering that it wouldn't be shipped until the end of December so that's all good. B) I live a very long way away from America and it only took 2/3 weeks to get here from the time the dispatch email was sent which is BRILLIANT.) So basically I am in love with my three new tees and hoodie.



1st tee, just so my fellow humans can understand that I am a Potterhead
2nd tee - I couldn't not buy this. After Hank said "DUDE, NO EDGE" I haven't stopped quoting it.
3rd tee - Pizza John. I couldn't NOT buy this, I mean, come on.
My beloved hoodie. I solemnly swear that I will never take it off (unless it needs to be washed in which case yes).
I decided to jump straight in the shower straight after ripping the package open and marveling at the nerd merch and I'd literally just left the bathroom when I got a text from my college friend, Rachel, asking me if I wanted to Skype about some work we had to do.

Of course I said yes, so we Skyped for about an hour, annotating some sheets. I actually like doing work outside of college, so it was pretty fun.

I used the next few hours to chill online for a bit and to decide what I wanted to wear (which ended up being jeans and my DFTBA Hoodie) and with that, my sister and I left to pick up our (but mainly her) friend Billy so we could attend our friend Lauren's 21st birthday gathering in which we all ate pizza and gossiped a lot. I only took one picture all night, and it's of the eerily empty shopping center which you can see through the window. I kind of felt like I was in an abandoned post-apocalyptic land.



Also there was no free WiFi and everyone was wearing smart-casual which made me feel severely under dressed, but I had pizza so I didn't really care.

After dropping Billy back at his house, Tania and I went back home where I, you guessed it, went straight on my laptop.

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment