Saturday 18 January 2014

Saturday Festivities

Hello!

I don't do much on Saturdays. I managed to sleep for almost 11 hours after having a rather disturbing dream involving myself in the land of BBC Sherlock in which I shot Moriarty in the face. I don't go for the whole "all dreams have a hidden meaning" thing - it's cool if you do, but I personally don't believe in it. I'd say that that dream says something about me as a person, but just before I fell asleep I was thinking about how Jim was literally chained up in a padded cell in Sherlock's mind palace and the implications behind that, so the dream obviously had something to do with that.



I also ate healthily all day which was great because I need to get rid of that Christmas weight that I gained! Usually the entire month of December invloves me chain-eating junk food and complaining about gaining weight because of it. Food at Christmas is just so much better than other-time-of-the-year food.

As I (think) I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be attending University in September (if all goes to plan) so I took it upon myself this afternoon to research what societies are available to join at my first choice university and I was thrilled to see that there's a LGBT+ society and a Women's society. As a feminist and supporter of LGBT+ rights, this made me very happy. There's also a Hogwarts and a Laser Tag society which I'm definitely considering joining because how fun do they sound?! I was planning on just going to Uni and doing non-social things and keeping my nose in a book, but I really don't want to do that any more! I'm now thinking of putting myself out there a bit more - probably by joining a few societies and actually trying to make friends (insert internal screaming due to fear here...)



Apart from watching Despicable Me earlier on ITV with my dad, I've really not done much else all day. So currently, I'm watching Come Dine With Me on 4oD and thinking about my lack of a social life. I don't care too much; I like having free time!

Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment